Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Will Live to Testify

As I open my third bag of cough drops this week, I realize that my attack plan for my cold may need some work. I woke up Wednesday morning with a sore throat (and white patches), and a cough. But I absolutely refused to be getting sick. I was able to sustain myself for 2 days on Theraflu, Vicks vapor rub, and cough drops. And then I woke up yesterday morning with a fever and wicked chills. Still determined to beat the cold that was slowly overtaking my body; I pushed on. I pushed on until I collapsed in my bed sometime later yesterday afternoon. As I continue my plan of attack that involves: cold medicine, Gatorade, Affrin nose spray, afternoon naps, and plenty of cough drops; I realize that Satan has been attacking me all week.  On Monday, I had an absolutely terrible day at work. In one day, I was reminded of every hurtful area of my life.  And I had to toilet 5 patients on Monday. (yes, toileting means exactly what you are thinking) On Tuesday, I met my gram to pick out her new wig because her hair is going to begin falling out as a result of her chemotherapy. And Since Wednesday, I have been battling a cold that has left me with a bright red nose and a cough that sounds like a muffled diesel truck engine. Of course, I couldn’t forget my experience on Thursday with the Monongalia county circuit clerk’s office.
I didn’t need a bad week to be reminded of Satan’s attacks on my life but this week did make me dislike him more. (And trust me friends, he heard the angry voice of Jay Garcia a few times this week)  Satan knows that I have no desire to be a part of his sinful nature any longer and he also knows that as my relationship with Christ grows stronger; I desire this world less and less. So, in his nasty hateful ways, Satan came up with a new plan of attack for me this week. I can hear him now…First, I will make her weak by reminding her of her deepest hurts. Next, I will attack a member of her family and make her question her faith. And finally when she is full of pain and sadness and close to defeat; I will attack her physically. He is unrelenting friends; I will give him that. But He isn’t good enough to keep me down. I won’t stay down because despite the devils attack plan; I am going to testify to the love of Jesus. When others would accept defeat or surrender to Satan; I won’t. I won’t allow anything to keep me from sharing Jesus with the world. I will be a witness even when everything inside me wants to quit. I will allow Jesus to shine through me even when my heart is breaking on the inside. I will testify to the greatness of God in every defeat, every sickness, every heartache, every suffering, and every attack I face. I wish I could hear Satan now…First, she accepts the blows I throw at her. Next, she thanks God for her pain and suffering. And then she continues to share His love. How can I stop this girl? The answer is simple: I can’t be stopped. There isn’t an attack plan out there strong enough to keep me from living my life as a testimony for God. What stops you from testifying to God’s love? Does Satan’s attack plan for your life cause you to surrender? Just because the devil is relentless doesn’t mean he has to be successful. When you are being attacked by the devil; bust out your own angry voice and give him a piece of your mind.
As I prepare to drink my nightly Theraful (more like hold my nose and chug), I know the effects of my cold will decrease as soon as the medicine hits my blood stream. And as I prepare for church tomorrow, I know the effects of Satan will disappear as soon as I am covered by His blood stream. My attack plan for my cold may require medicine and fluids but my attack plan for the devil only requires Jesus. And by the way Satan here me now (in my angry voice)…For as long as I live; I will testify!

Verse to remember:  Acts 4:33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus and much grace was upon them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment