Sunday, April 17, 2011

Princess for a Lifetime

I usually pack my lunch in the mornings but I opted to pack my lunch this evening so I could reduce my chances of eating my breakfast in my car tomorrow.(I am not going to promise that my snooze button won’t win out in the morning) After I finished packing my lunch, I realized that all of the plastic Care bear spoons were dirty. (I have a weird habit of preferring plastic cups and silverware over traditional silverware and glasses.) My Care bear spoon is a daily essential to my lunch and all of my co-workers expect me to have it daily. Last Friday, I forgot to pack a spoon all together and three different co-workers commented on my missing spoon. One of my friends said, “She must have packed her own lunch today.” She was referring to the fact that I live a semi-princess lifestyle (If my bed were made for me; it would be a complete princess lifestyle) and when I don’t pack my own lunches; she can tell the difference. Prepared lunches are just the beginning of ways I am treated like a princess. My king and queen, make sure my laundry gets washed and folded (and sometimes ironed). They have my coffee waiting for me as soon as I wake up and buy my favorite flavors of ice cream. And if I happen to miss dinner, I know that I will have a plate waiting on me in the refrigerator. In addition to my pampering, they cry with me when my heart is broken. They eat ice cream (and any other comfort food) with me when I have bad days (and good days). They stand with me as I face an unknown future. And they love me with a love I have never felt before.
I can’t possibly share with you all of the details of my “princess life” because there are far too many to keep track of.  In fact, every day I experience many forms of love that make me feel like royalty not only from my pastor and his wife but from God. God strives to do more than pamper us friends. He strives to bless us more abundantly than the wealthiest most prestige princess(or prince) in the world . When you ask Christ into your heart; you instantly inherit His royalty.  We become renewed in Christ through our faith and repentance and gain instant royal heritage. And His royalty takes care of every area of our lives as long as we are obedient to Him. When we surrender to God, He will overflow our cups. He will pamper us with His comfort and love, He will overwhelm us with His blessings, and He will share with us the bloodline of the King. He is our King friends and he created all of us to be his royal family. He knows our inmost needs and desires. He knows how to comfort our fears and fill our hearts with unspeakable joy. God doesn’t want to just fulfill our fairy tales; He wants to surpass all of our dreams. He wants us to discover every aspect of our princess lifestyle in Him. We can’t be treated like royalty if we don’t allow our King into our hearts. We can’t gain the benefits of our salvation if we aren’t living like the sons and daughters of the King. And we can’t enter our palace (complete with Care bear spoons) if we don’t follow our King faithfully on Earth. Why would you ever want to miss out on God’s pampering? Why would you choose to rule your own life when you could live under the rule of the King of Kings? The riches you will find in Him will extend beyond the greatest happily ever after of all time.  
 I may never move out of my house even if I have to start doing my own laundry and making my own coffee because I enjoy the king and queen  more than the other benefits of my “princess lifestyle.” And I WILL (not may) never move out of the royal family of God  by ruling my own life because I enjoy the presence of my King and the benefits of His royalty more than any “princess lifestyle” I could ever create for myself.
Verse to remember:  Psalm 45:13-15 All glourious is the princess in the chamber; her own is interwoven with gold. 14 In embroidered garments she is led to the king, her virgin companions follow her and are brought to you. 15 They are led in with joy and gladness; they enter the palace of the king.

No comments:

Post a Comment