Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Day Of the One

Today, for the entire drive to my rotation, (I got behind a school bus and a county cop was behind me so I actually went the speed limit); I listened to the radio talk about the magic involved with today’s date. (1/11/11) The deejays were interested in hearing stories about those who were born today, those who were getting married today (who gets married on a Tuesday), or those turning 11 years old today. I was interested in hearing a good song, preferably something upbeat since I am still adjusting to waking up at 6:30. By the time I had reached my destination, I had heard one song, heard every word combination possible involving the word one, and had to part ways with my half full coffee mug.  (Not the commute I had hoped for.) The importance of today’s date (along with the unbearable smell of a pressure wound) greeted me as soon as I walked into the physical therapy gym this morning. One of the PTA’s I will be working with for the next 7 weeks turned 25 today. (I told her she should call the radio but she wasn’t interested.)To my surprise, when I left my rotation and was brushing the snow off of my car windows (I have been spoiled in the mornings); I heard the same deejays still talking about today’s date. And this time she was laughing at her creativity of coming up with, “maybe today on the day of ones; you have found the one.”  Again, who gets married on a Tuesday? I put in a CD and jammed out to the first song which thankfully had nothing to do with the number one.
Because of my time spent listening to the interest of other’s regarding the significant happenings occurring today; my brain was curious. But my curiosity didn’t involve birthdays, weddings, or even the number one. My curiosity was about the One. I wondered how many people (on the day of ones) would answer the call to talk about the magic involved with the day they found the Jesus. I wondered how many people would share the feelings inside their heart that occurred during the hour they first believed in Jesus. What is your story about the moment you experienced the One for the first time? What stories are you willing to share regarding the evidence of His grace? Do you need special events, holidays, or dates to acknowledge the Jesus?    I embrace every opportunity to talk about the moment I found the one. And every day I add to the significance of my relationship with Jesus. And because I answered His call to live out my testimony and share my faith; I celebrate the day of the One each and every day. I celebrate my redemption story; I celebrate my place in His history of grace. Jesus is the only true significant happening worth sharing with anyone who will listen. Regardless of how many magical stories we possess; Jesus will always be the most magical aspect to all of our lives.
If I were having a child, I would appreciate bringing a life into the world on 1/11/11. And if I were going to get married on a Tuesday (or ever), I would choose a memorable date such as 1/11/11. But if I were going to choose a significant story to tell (especially over the radio); I would always choose to tell His story depicted through the truths, trials, and laughs of my life. His story that began the moment I accepted Christ into my heart. My redemption story that I live out each day; my redemption story that leads me one step closer to heaven where I will sit with the One; listening to other’s  stories that will blow me away.
Verse to remember:  John 5:31-32 31 If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid. 32 There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment