Thursday, January 27, 2011

Delete Browsing History

I know it is hard to believe because I seem so put together on paper but the living flesh form of Jay Garcia is forgetful. I don’t go to the store without a grocery list. I don’t put one item in a suitcase until I have finished my list of needed items for my trip. I have a Christmas list of gifts for others months before I buy a single item. I make Saturday lists (which don’t start until at least 11) of errands, chores, movies to watch, and phone calls to make. I make lists of blog ideas, scriptures to remember, and prayer concerns. So, maybe forgetful isn’t accurate; it is more like I am a list maker. I do better with a list; I feel more prepared with a list. (And it is a good thing I am good with lists because following a list is a requirement to live in Wilson Estates) Today my list making (and following) escalated to a new level. I didn’t become more obsessed with lists and preparations than I already am; I got a voice recorder as a gift. (From the man who makes the second best cup of coffee I’ve ever had) Now that I have a voice recorder, I can keep track of my grocery lists, blog ideas, prayer concerns, and my to-do lists constantly. I can finally make sense of the roller coaster inside my brain because when I forget a thought I held in my head just moments before; I can hit play and poof the thought returns. (It will be like talking to myself all day long)
In my life, a list serves as a reminder of what I have to do. And without my lists; I would be more forgetful (and lazy) than I already am. I am thankful for my lists of reminders but I am more thankful that God doesn’t make lists. I am thankful that when He hears me call out His name; He doesn’t turn to His list that contains all of my faults, sins, shame, and disobedience. I am thankful that instead of keeping track of all of my wrong doings; He keeps track of His grace. When you truly ask God for forgiveness; he deletes your past instantly. He removes the hurt, shame, pain, and bondage of your past and it is gone forever. Our salvation in God ensures us eternity with Him but if we don’t put it in our minds that God doesn’t keep a list of our mistakes, we will miss out on the satisfaction of our salvation. We will believe the lies of Satan and allow him to make us feel unworthy of God’s love. We will deny God the ability to give us the abundant and rewarding life He has planned for us. Through God’s forgiveness we will experience true freedom in Him; we will have the peace He desires for all of us.  Are you glad God doesn’t make lists of your past? Have you asked Him to delete all of your lists? Have you experienced true forgiveness?  Don’t add to your list of hurt and turmoil. There is nothing that is too big for our God. But don’t mistake His love and power for greed. He won’t delete any list that isn’t given to Him. He won’t wipe away our past without a true confession and belief in Him. He won’t begin to transform your past into His glory until you add Him to the top of your daily to-do list.
Tomorrow, I will begin my new list making with my new recorder but I know there will be times when I use a tangible list opposed to a verbal list because my brain works better when I can visualize things. And God’s brain works better when He can visualize things too. But He isn’t looking at a written record of my past; He is looking at His plans for my future saying, “The only thing you need to remember my child is this: I am God. And the list of blessings I have for you is beyond anything you could ever imagine.” (And remember to take the lint out of the dryer on Mondays)

Verse to remember:  Psalm 103:11-12 11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; 12 as far as the East is from the West, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment