Sunday, January 23, 2011

Why Not?

Tonight, I watched another love story. I don’t know why I do this to myself. Unlike a typical who watches a love story and finds a renewed hope for men who act (and look) like prince charming; I watch a love story and wait for the ultimate happy ending. I am amazed at how the same plot can be used and changed into so many different story lines.  Every love story contains 2 people who fall in love but face some form of tragedy or “wrong timing” and then go to the ends of the earth to confess their love for each other by the time the credits scroll across the screen. And tonight was no exception for:  a love story in 50 words or less by Jay Garcia. Although, the movie was a romantic comedy so I did find delight in some good movies quotes (and popcorn).  During the main couples quest to find love, the lead actress refused to accept an offer to go on a real date with her “friend with benefits”.  His response was, “why not?” If he was wrong, nothing changed. They continued their relationship just as it was and she didn’t lose anything. If he was right, another perfect ending for another love story. (For 7 dollars, you can find out the answer)
I don’t dislike love stories; I just prefer a good car chase or murder mystery movie with a hard core, rebellious actor. (I love football and boy movies…just add that to my list of awesomeness) But unfortunately my life represents a love story. My love story doesn’t involve a prince charming, flowers, dinner dates, or long phone calls. My love story involves sharing the love of Christ with everyone who will listen. And the companionship, love, fulfillment, and happy ending that Christ provides is worth the plot every time friends. Every love story, even my love story for Christ, has to have some type of big event occur before the happy ending. And the “big event” in all of our love stories for Christ is salvation. Unfortunately, everyone in my life doesn’t have the same desire and passion to love and serve Christ but everyone was created for this very reason. As I continue sharing Christ with others, I am going to use a simple philosophy used over and over again in Hollywood: Why not give Jesus a chance? If I am wrong, you don’t lose anything. Instead, you will have lived your life with a desire to follow the fruits of the Spirit: love, peace, joy, patience, kindness, faithfulness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control. You will have lived each day in pursuit of God and his unfailing love. But if you are wrong and choose to ignore my invitation to share Jesus with you; you lose everything and inherit an eternity in hell. When you fall in love, it is only natural to be overwhelmed with all of the emotions involved. And most girls begin to pick apart the love that is forming before we accept it (we just can’t help it). When you fall in love with Jesus, you can’t pick apart the love that is forming but I can assure you that you every emotion you feel will lead you back to the God who loves you. So, my question to you is: why not give Jesus a chance? If I am wrong, you don’t lose a single thing. But if I am right, you can thank me in heaven. (I will be the one in worn sweatpants constantly worshiping my king)
If you have ever watched a love story you know that there is always a happy ending. (and tears) In the end, love always prevails. If you have ever asked Christ into your heart you know that there is always a happy ending.  (And constant tears of joy) And His love always prevails . I will always be able to describe a love story in 50 words or less but there will never be a word limit to describe the love story I am experiencing and sharing in Christ. (For free, you can continue reading my blogs until I reach my perfect ending in my perfect love story)

Verse to remember:  1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preservers. 8 Love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment